Friday, March 6, 2015

PEE-king


If you are wondering about the timing of this post I just picked up these sweat pants today from the seamstress who lives across the street.  ( I KNOW!  We live in the most perfect place.  This area has absolutely everything within a mile).  

What is unique about them?  Do you know?

Before ALS I was a very private person and my siblings loved to torment me to no end by hollering embarrassing questions down grocery aisles to watch me cringe but between healthcare people in our personal space and doctors asking every personal question you can imagine and checking every crack and crevice and me taking care of absolutely every single personal need for Tracy I have out of practicality, become much more open about discussing these issues.

So you won't have to ask, I am going to let you in on a few tips to take care of this very important daily function of life.  Peeing.

What you take for granted takes us a good deal of time and planning to make sure "everything works out okay".  Most handicap restrooms are not actually accessible.  Slapping the little blue wheelchair logo on the door DOES NOT in fact actually make it easier to get in and out of the restroom!  Things take a lot more time to get organized so you have to start way early.  Drinking enough but not to much too fast is important.  Actually FINDING a bathroom must be first thing when you roll in the door somewhere.  Carrying a portable potty (Gatorade Bottle) in the back pack has been a life saver on many occasions.

What do these pants have to do with it?  

Well, I tweaked my back last week, making it difficult to stand Tracy up to ...to - ya know...  So Tracy was forced to sit in his chair to take care of things.  With the very expensive and very limited fashion choices given to wheelie people we choose to wear regular clothes and struggle with the inconvenience in exchange for dignity, vanity and fashion.  Often times we will wear the college kids pajama pants that have a fly front. They are comfy, easy to wash and it is easy to deal with the elastic waist.  
It's been cold here in Dallas the past few weeks so I would usually dress him in some hip sporty sweatpants except that they have no fly front. (Yes, that was our very fashionable daughter Sarah's head exploding at the words hip at all but most especially near the word sweatpants).
So after making him wear the same 3 pairs of pants for the last couple weeks it dawned on me that if his sweats had a fly it would make things so much easier.  Surprise! The whole point to sweats is they are easy to pull on and off so they don't make them with a fly.

So for $5 a pair our neighbor took the fabric from the pockets that Tracy doesn't use and created these easy access pants for us!  Problem solved.

5 comments:

  1. In order to perform your physical activities effectively you definitely need to invest in a good quality gear that is perfect for all the requirements of the body. I have recently got super amazing sweatpants and tank tops. The quality is really high and I am so glad that everything was under the sale offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gm‎ail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got hpv from my boyfriend  and i was trying all i could do to get rid of this virus over 4 months now i have taking a lot of drugs from different medical doctor which didn't work at all, last month i was doing some research on google on how to get cured totally from this virus i found someone testimony on how she got cured totally from hpv with the help of doc. onokun  natural herbs and she drop doc onokun email address, So i decide to give him a try and i contact him for help he told how to purchase the natural herbs and i did that, Do you believe i only took this herbs for 2 weeks and i got cured permanently from the hpv virus without no side effect. Thank you so much doc onokun for the help i will make sure i tell the whole world about you. contact him if you need his help too  via: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassedsome months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email to reach him: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. it so amazing on everyone who contracted hpv to know about this 100% natural treatment which i also used to cure hpv out of my body. i'm free from this virus i found about the cure online from an ex hpv patient who also got rid of hpv with same natural treatment. everyone suffering from this virus should also inquire this cure. contact the traditional healer Dr Onokun. through his page https://www.facebook.com/naturaltreatmentcenter1 or whatsApp +1 208 425 7799

    ReplyDelete