Saturday, March 7, 2015

What HE can tell you- It's the Diagnosis, not just the Disease that is so Deadly

  I hope this won't be considered cheating but I am going to copy and paste my husband Tracy's last post from his blog, 

http://als-whaticantellyou.blogspot.com/

here because I feel it relates exactly to the point I was making in my last post and now this one.

Believing you CAN HEAL is the first most important idea to understand completely.  It's now been 4 years as of March 15th that Tracy was diagnosed with ALS.  Even with my daily assurances and evidence and actual people with ALS who have healed coming to visit us, there is still that constant echo of doom rattling around his heart and brain. The diagnosis replays in his mind over and over.  Your body follows what the mind tells it to do.

I am a hypnotist and it's the irresponsible method and style of diagnosis that creates the deep imprint on the subconscious that NOTHING we do will help, that does so much damage.

If we had been diagnosed with a VERY serious disease and that we needed to completely embed ourselves in to healing to improve instead of being constantly, consistently, emphatically told there is NO HOPE and Don't Look for Hope because those people are just looking to take advantage of you and make a fool of you, I wonder where we would be today.

While I have always believed that we can heal this or at the very least we can improve his health greatly, Tracy from the beginning, has believed the doctors diagnosis because- they are doctors. They sent us directly from the office to the internet to look up how terrible every single detail of this journey WILL BE and if we had any questions let them know.   Because they have FACTS- being stacks of dead bodies with the toe tag reading ALS we are told they know what MUST happen to us now that we KNOW we HAVE ALS.  

 Tracy really really WANTS to believe he can heal but it seems soooo impossible to him given their facts.  Add that to the typical ALS personality and you get the doctors results.

 It's been a big mountain for us to climb.  I have dragged Tracy up this hill on a journey, quite honestly, he had no interest in taking.  But he stays because he loves me.  Sacrificing your life for another is not the biggest act of love. Being brave enough to stay and experience the unknown when faced with what we have been told is. You must love someone more than yourself to continue to work each day to stay healthy and search for hope.  THAT is the biggest love there is and we are living it.

Even with this reluctance on Tracy's part, we have gotten off almost all medical drugs and are much better off because of it.  We have healed terrible swelling in his feet and legs that doctors told us we would just have to learn to live with because it was just part of living in a wheelchair.  NOT TRUE.   We stopped spasms and cramps.    Healed moles. Improved swallowing and breathing.  We healed (finally) chronic stomach issues. We healed his Diabetes. Normalized heart rate & blood pressure & Blood Sugar numbers.  All these things we were told we would just have to learn to live with.  They had no answers for us. Remember, our success is with Tracy not believing that anything would help.  It's still our biggest challenge.  

 

Tracy often looks at what he can NOT do now (or in typical ALS personality avoids thinking about it at all).  He looks at what matches what the doctors told him WOULD happen.  He suffers the loss of all that he loved being and doing systematically taken from him.  These attitudes and ideas ARE the STRESS that kills ALSers stacked upon the stress of their lives leading up to the diagnosis.


I will provide videos, scientific articles, books, testimonials of those who HAVE healed and how they did it and our experiences with healers and QiGong masters, nutritionists and ND's showing you CAN HEAL.

I am not saying we have all the answers. 

I am saying there is a LOT of information out there that has helped Tracy improve his health and there are many people out there who are farther along on their road to recovery than we are and are also willing to share.

Understanding the challenges we face will allow us to share information to create the healing we are all looking for.

 This is from Tracy's most recent blog post.

Belly ache

Usually I try to post something brutally honest or ridiculously irreverent or boring or unsubtle. Anything you want to add? Feel free.

Today I'm within my rights to inject what ever I want.

I'm convinced that my journey would have ended long ago if I'd known near the beginning exactly where I would be now. The fear of unknown is far less convincing than any actual manifestation of such. The imagination is but a trifle, feebly knocking at the door of reality.

The blistering attack that now approaches four years in its barrage has forever changed me in ways I'm still unable to fathom. I've an unequal led time to ponder, yet find myself trolling Facebook and stirring the pot full of easy pickings, drawing out conversations that would never exist in the real world with the principals drawn together in the social medium. Though I loathe my actions I relish the consequences.

What about me? How do I feel? What hurts?
I find it unattractive to share what is so unattractive to me. Put that on your hoop and roll it.

If I expound upon my condition it will put me in a mind to think about it and that makes me sick. Sicker. Shit. Now I'm screwed.


Reset. I've said this before. It will always bear repeating.

The single most devastating factor in the ALS experience is in the design of the diagnosis. It transforms the human condition from concerned to destroyed in a matter of seconds. Most will never recover from that. I'm living proof that, despite my tenacious demeanor, the words and actions have torn a part of my confidence to shreds. I'm certain I will never fully recover from the initial statement and ensuing protocols.

Stress is bad. You have 2 to 5 years to live. Quit your job and smoke on that, you poor, unlucky guy. What insurance do you have? Eat shit, any shit, get fat and you'll live longer. You live longer, we look better. Prepare for your coming doom by meeting the wheelchair guy, the nutritionist who has a general plan for all ALSers: don't detox because you will lose weight, don't worry about what you eat because you will stress and that is bad for you. Oh, by the way, don't forget to speak to the social worker (exactly what does that mean?) about your living will and DNR options and your wheelchair choice as being the proper design for your eventual core failure and extreme immobility since Medicare only allows you one. Get your affairs in order so you can enjoy what little time you have left. Let me introduce you to the feeding tube guy (you will live longer with one) and the vent guy (with a vent, you will boost our numbers by living longer). Hey, here's the number of a guy who sells wheelchair vans (on your own dime, of course). You want grief counseling? None. You want mental health counseling? Got nothing. You want your wife to be paid to care for you? No, but we can recommend an agency.


On and on.

This crap all happened in the first three weeks. It's taken a load of bandaids to suppress the damage and the wounds leak even now. Especially the one between my ears.

If only. Whatever. 

5 comments:

  1. Amy, what did you guys do to heal the swelling feet and legs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone I have been suffering from amyotrophic laterals sclerosis (ALS) disease for the last three years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. my first sign that something was wrong, was my slurred speech. And then the inability to eat without getting choked, strangled, and coughing.Throughout my three years ordeal, i was able to walk with assistance nothing was really working to help my condition.I went off the riluzole (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis herbal formula i ordered from Dr Ogbeifun herbal medicine, Just 7 weeks into the Herbal formula treatment I had great improvements with my slurred speech, there is no case of constant pain and chest tightness since treatment, you can contact Dr Ogbeifun official website to get the herbal medicine website https://ogbefunhearlingtem.wixsite.com/spell Email: ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com or add him on whatsapp +2348102574680

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got hpv from my boyfriend  and i was trying all i could do to get rid of this virus over 4 months now i have taking a lot of drugs from different medical doctor which didn't work at all, last month i was doing some research on google on how to get cured totally from this virus i found someone testimony on how she got cured totally from hpv with the help of doc. onokun  natural herbs and she drop doc onokun email address, So i decide to give him a try and i contact him for help he told how to purchase the natural herbs and i did that, Do you believe i only took this herbs for 2 weeks and i got cured permanently from the hpv virus without no side effect. Thank you so much doc onokun for the help i will make sure i tell the whole world about you. contact him if you need his help too  via: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassedsome months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email to reach him: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. it so amazing on everyone who contracted hpv to know about this 100% natural treatment which i also used to cure hpv out of my body. i'm free from this virus i found about the cure online from an ex hpv patient who also got rid of hpv with same natural treatment. everyone suffering from this virus should also inquire this cure. contact the traditional healer Dr Onokun. through his page https://www.facebook.com/naturaltreatmentcenter1 or whatsApp +1 208 425 7799

    ReplyDelete